What People Say
Questions & Answers
Create Your Own eBook Covers
Learn How To Create, Publish & Market eBooks
Add sophisticated multimedia to your e-Books
Free HTML design and scripting help
eBook Marketing & Promotion made easy
Discussion Board on eBooks
Searchable directory of eBooks
Read about eBook authors' experiences
Upon review of your program (Activ E-Book Compiler) we have decided to add
it to our site with the rating of 4 cows. This puts you in with the elite (in our
opinion) of home office and business related software.
TUCOWS OFFICE Review Staff
Activ E-Book Compiler is a true bargain! I was amazed
at how easy it was to use and the extra password
protection and ESBN features are worth the price many
|>> Read More
Some comments/awards may refer to previous versions of this software
(please see the box in the footer of this page for important disclosures regarding awards and users' comments)
Activ E-Book Features
Activ E-Book Compiler is
- Incredibly easy to use
- A turnkey system that any aspiring electronic publisher can use
- Comes with complete instructions
- Works on computers with Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT4, Windows Me, Windows 2000, Windows XP or Windows Vista
(requires Internet Explorer 4 or later)
- Available for immediate download
Here's just some of what you get in the free version of Activ E-Book Compiler:
- Unlimited E-Books: Create as many E-Books as you want.
- Royalty Free: There are absolutely no royalties or
on-going fees to use the system.
- Easy Distribution: Each E-Book is a self-contained Windows
program. You can distribute them on any media you like, including
by Internet download, by e-mail, floppy disk, CD-ROMs, ZIP disks.
- Incredibly Easy to Use: Attractive modern Windows user interface
with easy to use buttons and menus. Makes creating E-Books a snap.
- Complete Documentation: Straightforward documentation explaining
every menu option - every command - and every option in the program.
The documentation even covers the steps you should take before using the program.
- like how to design HTML files that compile into a high quality
- Compatibility: E-Books created using Activ E-Book use the
exact same "engine" as Internet Explorer. This means total
compatiblility with the world's most popular web browser including
support for HTML, DHTML, images & animations, JPEG and PNG graphics,
- Internet Linking: Use standard HTML features to include links
to relevant web sites in your E-Book. When a user clicks on a link to a web
site, the program even opens Internet Explorer giving them a chance to connect
if they're not already connected.
...And yes, you can even link to your own web site to draw traffic!
- Password Protection:
- You can password protect your entire E-Book,
or just protect selected pages and allow your users to see a preview of part of the
book before they get their password.
- You can boost your ezine subscription rate
by requesting readers sign-up before you give them them password.
- You can customize the message shown when a user accesses a password protected
- You can even allocate up to 1,000 different passwords per E-Book
- each user will require a different one from this pool - to prevent password "sharing".
- You can even link directly to a form or page on your web site for that specific
user to get the password that'll work for him.
- Powerful Testing Features: Test out how your E-Book would look and work
with and without the correct password (assuming you have one) - switch between
the 2 modes at any time with a click of the mouse. Compile or Run your E-Book
in seconds for truly Rapid Application Development.
- Save your Projects: Unlike some other compilers you don't have
to re-input all your settings each time you want to create a new version of
an E-Book. Simply save all your settings - and continue later at any time
- HTML Protection: Right-mouse clicking is controlled by your
choice of setting in your E-Books. You can disable it completely or allow
access to a limited menu
(which does not include View Source).
This helps protect your HTML source and stop thieves from easily stealing your
valuable page designs.
- Branding: Every E-Book you create includes your name, your company name,
your copyright message, and even a link to your web site - and your e-mail address
or auto-responder address if you want it!
(various options in the compiler, may allow you to turn off visible display of
most of this info, or design your own page for it, if wanted).
- Unique Serial Numbers: Every E-Book includes a unique serial number (we call
this an "ESBN" - it's a similar idea to "ISBNs" used for off-line books).
This gives you yet another way to keep track of, and manage distribution.
- Viral Marketing: You can create and give away free E-Books,
and allow others to do the same.
As word about your E-Book spreads, more and more people may distribute
your E-Book, and each one becomes a Self-Replicating Traffic Generator.
- ...and of course tons more that I haven't even mentioned yet!
But wait, there's still more...
- Icon Customization: Every E-Book can have its icon. The software
comes with over 700 icons for you to choose from - or you can create your
own unique icons in your favorite icon editor. (icon editor not included)
- Shareware-Style E-Books: Set your E-Books to expire after a
set number of days or uses, unless the password is entered. Giving your
users a free trial of all or part of your E-Book is an incredibly powerful
tool that can skyrocket your sales.
- User Interface Customization: Turn on or off the availability
of toolbars, status bars, colors, text labels on buttons, and more. Create
kiosk-style E-Books. Customize the colors of "system" pages. Choose
the starting screen position and size of your E-Books. You can even set your
E-Books to float on top of other windows (great for instructional guides).
- Splash Screens and Start-Up Messages: Add a splash screen
graphic to your E-Book and/or a pop-up message box.
- Built-in Search Engine: An extremely customizable search engine
is built-in to your E-Books. If you are creating references or How To manuals,
your readers will love this feature.
- Auto Installation Options: Your E-Book can prompt users when
first run, and add its icon automatically to the Start menu or
- Add-In Programs/Scripts: Kick-off external programs or files on
specified events such as when your E-Book is started or closed, or when
the correct or incorrect password is entered.
- File Compression: Creating really large E-Books? You'll be
glad to know the latest version of Activ E-Book automatically compresses
all your files when compiling E-Books. This can significantly reducing the file size
and making it easy and quick for users to download your E-Books.
- Integrity Self-Check: E-Book's created with Activ E-Book Compiler
perform a self-test on start up. If you're planning on distributing E-Books
over the Internet, you'll be pleased know this gives you protection from common file
corruption problems that can be caused by "noisy" modems or
- Affiliate Referral Code Stamping: Join our free
affiliate program and you can earn
additional income by telling people about our software. Better yet, you can
stamp every E-Book you make with your Affiliate Code, which means if a
reader of your E-Books learns about, and later buys online, our software - you get paid for it!
...And there's still even more.
Our latest version includes a truckload of additional features,
including heavy duty features for power users, great documentation,
and superb tools to get you started quickly.
A full list of power features included in the
Activ E-Book Compiler would to several
But you can see a list of some these Hot Features on our
Power Features page.
And the best part: You get absolutely everything we've listed so far for free.
Download Now and see for yourself!
After you've tried the free version, if you like what you've seen,
then register online for just $49.95* (Sales Tax or VAT may also apply - see note at the bottom of this page),
you'll get absolutely everything we've listed so far, and all this as well:
- Unlimited Profit Potential: You can sell your E-Books, or access
to the password protected sections of E-Books you create.
And remember, if you enter more than one password per E-Book (we allow up to 1,000 passwords - but you can have as many users as you like),
different users will require a different passwords - preventing
users from "sharing" passwords with their friends.
This is an incredibly powerful capability that not only helps protects your
intellectual property, but also makes it easy for you
to earn profits even while you're doing something else.
For example, if you use
as your solution for accepting credit cards this is ideal: put each password
on a different web page and you can make access to each password into
"link for sale" - totally automatically, with no programming or
complicated technical stuff, and earn money even while you sleep!
- Create Massive E-Books:
you can put hundreds or even thousands of source files into your E-Book1.
- Maximum Security3: Prevent users from copying from (to the clipboard) or printing your E-Books - unless
you want them to be able to do this.
- Full Control: Create your own cover page for your E-Books.
- Free Upgrades2:
If we release a new version of Activ E-Book Compiler
it is our policy to make it available free to download for registered
users. We therefore ask users to retain all details of
All online purchases are made from our retailer, Click Sales Inc. ("CLICKBANK").
does NOT include
Sales Tax or Value Added Tax ("VAT").
Sales Tax applies to purchases made by residents of some US
states, territories, districts and possessions
(including, but not limited to, the residents of the State of New York).
Value Added Tax ("VAT") is applicable to purchases
made by residents of European Union countries,
and (if applicable) is charged at the appropriate national rate for
The amount of Sales Tax or VAT (if any), and the total price of
the product, is shown on the secure order form, after
you select your country/state of residence, but before you give final
confirmation that you do want to proceed with the purchase.
1Some limits may apply because of memory, disk space and performance limits on your computer, plus of course common sense.
2Over the past few years we have produced several upgrades, each
adding many new functions, and have made always made these versions available free
of charge to registered users. We hope to continue improving our software
in future, and we will not charge registered users for to download
any upgrades that we release.
We do not however guarantee that
indefinitely into the future that we will keep producing and releasing
3Security features are designed to protect only against the most common forms
of Windows printing/copying. Advanced users, or users with additional software tools, may
be able to find means to bypass our security features.